Bet365 - T&Cs apply : Sports betting | Commercial content | New Customers Only | 18+If you enjoy online betting but want to change up your game slightly, you might want to try out an accumulator bet. You can bet multibets over a range of sports, and once you’ve learned the process, your betting experience will be all the more thrilling. Here’s everything you need to know about how to place an accumulator bet…
What is an accumulator bet?
An accumulator bet (otherwise known as an acca or high-roll bet) is one that combines two or more selections into a single wager, but only gains a return when all elements win.
Accumulator bets are high risk but have the advantage of a bigger pay-off if you win. Additionally, the more selections you add, the higher the odds will be. Which is why it’s not uncommon to bet a few pounds and yield a big return.
Fred Craggs, who bet 50p with a return of £1 million, is a prime example of how you can win big on accumulator bets!
Different types of accumulator bets
|Number of Bets||Name|
How to place an accumulator bet
Before you place your accumulator bet, it helps to know the different names for the amount of bets:
- Login to your chosen operator, and make sure you have enough money to place your accumulator bet;
- Selected the sport you want to bet on, which will automatically take you to the betting slip;
- Relevant odds are displayed for each match and change according to the different bets. Matches will be divided into 1, X and 2 which corresponds to ‘win’, ‘draw’ and ‘away win’.
- When making your decision you can easily change your betting options by clicking the x button in your betting slip;
- Choose the number of bets within your accumulator; four sections for four-fold, six sections for six-fold etc; these will be added to your betting slip.
- Next check the box for multiple options and look for the section which matches the number of selections you’ve made (four-folds for four selections, etc).
- Enter your chosen stake.
- Confirm your bet and keep your fingers crossed!
How to calculate your accumulator bet winnings
There are various outcomes for accumulator bets: win or lose and each way.
Win or Lose
When all of your predictions are correct, your winnings will look like this:
|Match Result||Selection||Odds (Decimal)||Bet Outcome|
|Chelsea 2 – 0 Leeds||Chelsea To Win||1.5||Win|
|Fulham 3 – 1 Reading||Reading To Lose||1.4||Win|
|Dundee 1 – 1 Newcastle||Newcastle To Draw||3||Win|
|Manchester City 0 – 0 Arsenal||Arsenal To Draw||5||Win|
|Selection||Odds (Fractions)||To Place||Bet Outcome|
- The to-win part of the bet is lost because selection 2 failed to win, resulting in a loss of the 5AU$ stake and 0AU$ returns.
- The ‘to-place’ bet is then calculated to incorporate the odds versus your placing.
- Part 2 Returns = 5 A$* ( ( 5 * 1/5 ) + 1 ) * ( ( 7 * 1/5 ) + 1 ) * ( ( 3 * 1/5 ) + 1 ) * ( ( 12 * 1/5 ) + 1 ) = 130.56AU$
- Part 2 Profit = Total Returns – Unit Stake = 125.56AU$
- Total Returns = 125.56AU$ + 0AU$ = 125.56AU$
- Total Profit = Total Returns minus the two 5 stakes = 115.56AU$