What are the Melbourne Cup Betting Offers & Bookmakers in 2019?
|Bookmaker name||Betting offers (T&Cs apply |18+)||Bet on Melbourne Cup|
|bet365||bet365 Tote (T&Cs Apply)||5/5|
|Unibet||Check bookmaker site||4/5|
|Ladbrokes||Visit the operator’s website||5/5|
|PointsBet||Check bookmaker’s site to see current offers||5/5|
|Betfair||Check bookmaker site||4.5/5|
|PlayUp||Visit the operator’s website||5/5|
|Betstar||Check bookmaker site||5/5|
Betting on the Melbourne Cup 2019
The Melbourne Cup is historically known as “the race that stops a nation” and is the biggest betting event of the year in Australia. The 2019 race will be held at its traditional home, Flemington Race Course, on November 5th at 3 pm AEST.
Every year bookmakers across Australia entice punters, both serious and casual, with a tempting list of Melbourne Cup betting offers, Melbourne Cup bonus bets.
Melbourne Cup 2019: Betting Trends To Avoid
The Melbourne Cup is always run at a brutal gallop from the stalls, with 24 runners trying for their lives and the winner always needs to be a tough stayer to see out the sapping two-mile trip.
Having that in mind it is well worth sticking with horses who have proven stamina (preferably with winning form at 2m or beyond), as those untested beyond middle distances often fade out of contention at the business end of the great race.
Top Australian jockeys have dominated the event over time, with only Ryan Moore (on Protectionist in 2014) and Gerard Mosse (on Americain in 2010) bucking that trend, so perhaps avoid international jockeys and stick with the Australian riders with crucial track experience of riding at Flemington.
Editorial credit: Kaspars Grinvalds / Shutterstock.com
Melbourne Cup 2019: Race Schedule
- When: Tuesday 5th November at 3 pm
- Where: Flemington Racecourse
- Distance: 3200m
- Conditions: Handicap
- Prize Money: $6.2 million
History Of The Melbourne Cup
Since its first running in 1861, the race has captured the imagination of the Australian public. It is the equivalent of the Grand National in the UK, where almost everyone has a bet on it and watches it on National television.
The first winner of the great race was Archer (followed up in 1862), and since then big names like Bart Cummings, Gai Waterhouse, Kerrin McEvoy have become household names across the world as a result of their success in this prestigious prize.
In 2001 Sheila Laxon became the first female trainer to win the Cup. Jockey Michelle Payne brought the house down when winning on board Prince of Penzance in 2015, to prove that all the old male stereotypes were a thing of the past, and this is now one of the most cosmopolitan international racing events in the whole of the racing calendar
Melbourne Cup 2019: Betting Markets
As the Cup is always a ferociously competitive event, it is well worth shopping around to make sure you get the best price on offer, and also avail yourself of those bookmakers offering enhanced place terms.
If you are serious about taking advantage of your Melbourne Cup bonus 2019, you need to understand how racing betting markets work. Check the Melbourne Cup Betting Offers for 2019.
The traditional place terms in a 24 runner handicap are 1/4 the odds 1st,2nd,3rd,4th. But these are very much in the bookmakers’ favour (mathematically speaking) and some of the more go-ahead bookmakers may well offer an extra place or two to entice turnover.
Our advice is to put together a package of hoses to bet Each-Way (To win or place) with these bookmakers, to give yourself the best chance of making a profit.
There are also sure to be lots of match bets and specials as race-day approaches, where it is always worth sticking with the proven stayers against the hyped up big-name horse and stables.
Bet with Bet365 on Melbourne Cup 2019
The biggest bookmaker in the world is also one of the most popular bookmakers in Australia, with a great list of betting markets for all Australian sports, leagues and tournaments including the Melbourne Cup and the entire Spring Racing Festival. Bet365 also offers live streaming with a deep menu of sports broadcasts from around the world each day. Keep an eye out for Melbourne Cup betting offers that may appear closer to the race.
As I have seen so far, alongside various types of bonuses and diverse promotions, bet365 offers a special promotional offer for those who decide to bet with the Tote. Take a look at how it works below.
- Place a bet on any Australian horse race.
- If you select Tote Win, we will compare the final Official Price and the final declared Win dividends over the three national Totes – and pay you out at whichever is greatest. For example, if the NSW TAB pays $10.00 on your selection, SuperTAB pays $9.00, UTAB pays $7.50 and the SOP pays $9.50, you will get paid at $10.00.
- If you select Tote Place, you will be paid the middle of the three national Totes plus 5% of your winnings.
- On all Single Race and Multi-Leg Exotics, you will be paid the middle of the three national Totes plus 5% of your winnings.
Full Terms and Conditions
- 365 Tote will be offered on all Australian Horse Racing. The 365 Tote races, the following national Tote/TAB prices will be used: NSW TAB, SuperTAB, UTAB.
- For Tote Win bets, we will payout at the best available price from either the final SOP/Official Price (in the absence of an SOP) supplied by Dynamic Odds or the best final declared Win dividend from the three Australian TABs (where available). For example, if the NSW TAB pays $10.00 on your selection, SuperTAB pays $9.00, UTAB pays $7.50 and the SOP pays $9.50, you will get paid at $10.00.
- If no Official Price is declared by Dynamic Odds at a particular track, for these meetings any winning bets will be paid at the highest declared Win dividend from all three national Totes.
- For Tote Place bets, you will be paid the Middle Tote plus 5% of your winnings.
- Single Race Exotics include the following bet types: Trifectas, Quinellas, Exactas and First 4.
- Multi-Leg Exotics include the following bet types: Daily Doubles, Trebles and Quaddies.
- For Exotic Betting, if all three TABs offer an Exotic bet but only two TABs declare a dividend, 365 Tote will pay the highest declared dividend plus 5% of your winnings. If only one TAB declares a dividend, 365 Tote will pay that dividend plus 5% of your winnings.
- For Exotic Betting, if only two of the three TABs offer an Exotic bet and they both declare a dividend, 365 Tote will pay the lowest declared dividend plus 5% of your winnings. If only one of the two TABs offering an Exotic bet declares a dividend, 365 Tote will pay that dividend plus 5% of your winnings.
- For Exotic Betting, if only one of the three TABs offers an Exotic bet, 365 Tote will pay that dividend plus 5% of your winnings.
- 365 Tote does not apply to Futures/Ante-Post prices, Concession (Cover) Bets or In-Play prices. In the event of a scratching, deductions may apply should the SP be the highest final price. Dead-Heat rules apply.
- If any of the Tote/TAB companies listed release a dividend that bet365 deem to be an obvious error then that dividend will not be included for the purpose of this offer.
- All bet365 offers are intended for recreational players and bet365 may in its sole discretion limit the eligibility of customers to participate in all or part of any promotion.
- bet365 reserves the right to amend, cancel, reclaim or refuse any promotion at its own discretion.
Bet with Sportsbet on Melbourne Cup 2019
A review of the best bookmakers for the greatest race in Australian racing would be incomplete without mentioning this giant of the Australian betting scene. Sportsbet will be offering a diverse range of markets across the Spring Racing Festival including the running of Australia’s great race. If you love horse racing, Sportsbet is a bookmaker to add to your portfolio of accounts.
Bet with Ladbrokes on Melbourne Cup 2019
This giant of the UK betting industry is now one of the most popular bookmakers in Australia. While you can bet on all major sporting events within Australia and elsewhere, Ladbrokes offers markets on racing events across the planet including the climax of the Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival this November. Though, we’re unlikely to see their Melbourne Cup betting offers until closer to the race.
Bet with PointsBet on Melbourne Cup 2019
One of the biggest bookmaker in Australia, that offers a good grip on the horse racing betting market. Check bookmaker’s site to see current offers. Keep an eye out for the Melbourne Cup bonus bets that may appear closer to the race date.
Melbourne Cup Favourites
Here we list the current Melbourne Cup favourites running in 2019:
Aidan O’Brien’s classy performer has won 3 of his 13 career starts and has swept to favouritism for this race. He is clearly on the up but the Australian handicapper placed him up 2.5kg on the back of a recent victory and he might now find others are better treated. Yucatan will certainly attract a lot of attention and may be available in Melbourne Cup betting offers at enhanced odds.
Ian Williams has enjoyed a terrific summer in the UK, and this progressive performer created a deep impression when winning the valuable Chester Cup over 2m2f in May. He looks very leniently treated if able to translate that ability to Australia on his first-ever visit overseas. Magic Circle is a runner to consider when placing your Melbourne Cup free bets in 2019.
James Cummings in-form contender is sure to be very popular with local punters after impressively winning his last four starts this season. But he is now running off a career-high mark as a result and looks vulnerable. If you want to take advantage of Melbourne Cup bonus bets, Avilius is well worth your consideration.
Godolphin’s progressive stayer has reportedly suffered a minor injury scare. But trainer Charlie Appleby still expects him to be ready for the big day, and he has already enjoyed a terrific summer in victory at Goodwood. Those considering a runner for their Melbourne Cup betting offers should certainly take a look at Cross Counter.
Owned by pro-gambler Tony Bloom, this rapidly improving handicapper is expected to go very close if getting into the race. He has no issues at all with the distance or ground (strong traveller on the bridle with a strong turn of foot for a stayer). Withhold is a value proposition, especially when taking advantage of Melbourne Cup bonus bets.
Other Contenders To Consider
Joseph O’Brien is making a fantastic impact in his early years as a trainer. This 3-year old has a similar profile to his 2017 Cup winner Rekindling. Ante-post punters have been quick to latch onto him. While not among the leading favourites, we recommend taking advantage of your Melbourne Cup bets and wagering on Latrobe.
Chris Waller’s filly comes here on the upgrade, with a career-best effort at Flemington last time out over 1m2f. But this step up in distance is a real leap into the unknown. Youngstar may struggle here and is not worth Melbourne Cup betting offers, outside of enhanced odds.
Hughie Morrison’s stable star finished a fair 9th behind Rekindling in last year’s race. He has since proved himself a top class performer by winning in the UK and France in a busy campaign. If you have a number of Melbourne Cup bonus bets, we recommend using one on Marmelo.
David Payne’s 4-year old has an exposed look after running 21 times already. But he took advantage of a drop in class to win a Group 2 last time out. As he is not among the top favourites, you won’t find enhanced odds Melbourne Cup betting offers for Ace High.
This useful stayer has targeted this prize all season, with the one really creditable run over an inadequate trip quite eye-catching. If you have some Melbourne Cup bets, using one on Tosen Basil could be profitable.
2018 Melbourne Cup Results
The 2018 Melbourne Cup was won by Cross Counter, a four-year-old gelding from Appleby’s stable in Newmarket, England.
|1st place||Cross Counter||Kerrin McEvoy||Charlie Appleby|
|2nd place||Marmelo||Hugh Bowman||Hughie Morrison|
|3rd place||A Prince Of Arran||Michael Walker||Charlie Fellowes|
Melbourne Cup Betting FAQ
When is the Melbourne Cup in 2019?
Melbourne Cup is held annually every first Tuesday in November. This year, the event will be held on November 5.
How can I find Melbourne Cup Betting Offers?
Most of the Melbourne Cup offers can be found on operators’ websites. Check the bookmaker’s sites for the current offers.
What was the Melbourne Cup winner in 2018?
The winner of the Melbourne Cup in 2018 was a horse named Cross Counter. The jockey was Kerrin McEvoy and a trainer Charlie Appleby.